Complaints Procedure

If you have any concerns about the quality of my services, please let me know as soon as possible.

I would encourage you to discuss any concerns directly with me, at first by telephone or email. We can then arrange to meet to discuss your concerns. I would hope that the matter can be resolved and that you will be satisfied with the outcome.

If you feel that the concern has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you may wish to make a formal complaint to me.

Your formal letter of complaint should be addressed to Robert Spicer at the postal or email address below. You should state your name and address, the detail of the complaint, and how you would like it resolved.

Frederick Place Chambers
9 Frederick Place

Email: robert.spicer@frederickchambers.co.uk


I will respond to your complaint within 21 days. My response will state the nature and scope of my investigation, my conclusion as to the complaint and, if I find your complaint justified, my proposal for resolving it.

All conversations and documents relating to the complaint will be treated as strictly confidential.

I will keep a written record of any formal complaint.


If my Chambers’ complaints procedure is not able to deal with the problem, you may make a complaint to:-

Bar Standards Board

Professional Conduct Department

289-293 High Holborn

London  WC1V 7JZ

Tel: 020 7611 1444

Email: assessmentcomplaints@barstandardsboard.org.uk

Fax: 020 7831 9217


See also the Barristers’ Register: https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/regulatory-requirements/the-barristers’-register/?ProfileID=28130


You also have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman if your complaint is about the service provided by myself. The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:-


Legal Ombudsman

PO Box 6806

Wolverhampton  WV1 9WJ

Tel: 0300 555 0333

Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk


See also decision data here: https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/ombudsman-decision-data/


You should allow me eight weeks to resolve your complaint before you refer it to the Legal Ombudsman. You must contact the Ombudsman within twelve months from the date of the act or omission complained of.