Complaint Letter

If you have any concerns about the quality of my services, please let me know as soon as possible.


I would encourage you to discuss any concerns directly with me, at first by telephone or email. We can then arrange to meet to discuss your concerns. I would hope that the matter can be resolved and that you will be satisfied with the outcome.


If you feel that the concern has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you may wish to make a formal complaint to me.


Your formal letter of complaint should be addressed to Robert Spicer at the postal or email address above. You should state your name and address, the detail of the complaint, and how you would like it resolved.


I will respond to your complaint within 21 days. My response will state the nature and scope of my investigation, my conclusion as to the complaint and, if I find your complaint justified, my proposal for resolving it.


All conversations and documents relating to the complaint will be treated as strictly confidential.


I will keep a written record of any formal complaint.


If my Chambers’ complaints procedure is not able to deal with the

problem, you may make a complaint to:-


Bar Standards Board

Professional Conduct Department

289-293 High Holborn

London WC1V 7JZ


Tel 020 7611 1444

Fax 020 7831 9217


See also www.barstandardsboard.org.uk


You also have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman if your complaint is about the service provided by myself. The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:

Telephone 0300 555 0333


email  enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Postal address: PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB

You should allow me eight weeks to resolve your complaint before you refer it to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman will look at your complaint if the problem or when you found out about it happened after 5 October 2010 and you are referring your complaint within six years of the problem happening or three years from when you found out about it and you are referring your complaint to the Ombudsman  within six months of my final response.